Wednesday, January 31, 2018

RSA - 20th anniversary spectacular.

"It was twenty years ago today Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play" - The Beatles In January of 1998 I sat down with a dilemma. I was a club DJ who had a lot of great music to play, but couldn't experiment *too much* in the club. For some reason I wanted to be a radio DJ, and breaking in to the college radio clique wasn't going to happen. So I experimented with creating a "radio show" within my computer and set up a web site to stream it. On Jan 31 1998 the first episode of RSA went online. It was terrible of course, but through experience I got better. I was incredibly proud when we hit our first anniversary and had artists such as Jarkko Tuohimaa (Neuroactive) and Alexander Hofman (S.P.O.C.K) record congratulatory greetings. I had no idea that I'd be still doing it 20 years later. There are far too many people to thank individually for the support, technical assistance, and listener-ship that has happened over this time. But know this. If you're reading this now, you're a huge part of why I've been successful at this. To celebrate this, I present to you a short video that will hopefully entertain you and convey how I feel today. https://youtu.be/vqwCSFcF5vY I would also like to present a special guest show that one of our longest listeners, Wolf of Ultimas Lagrimas, a german radio show, who creates music as 'Electric Toys' has done for us. While I can't promise another 20 years (I'll be 65 then!) I can promise that there is no end in sight for RSA, and I look forward to badly mispronouncing German words, saying "Anyways", and creating the best shows I can. Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home